Safe Families Host Family Training Day
Saturday, July 22, 2017
9 AM – 2 PM
1551 E. New Road, Greenfield, IN 46140
Safe Families for Children is a national movement of compassion that gives hope to families in crisis. Safe, loving homes are provided where parents may voluntarily have their children cared for while parents seek to restore stability in their lives. Our dedication to family support, stabilization, and child abuse prevention is driven by responsibility for the well-being of children in our communities.
Interested in Hosting?
If you have been praying about opening your home to children in need, this is a great opportunity for you! Come out and learn what it means to serve as a host family with Safe Families for Children from our dedicated volunteers, and a panel of veteran hosts! Learn about other ways to become involved in Safe Families if you are still not sure about hosting a child i.e. Family Friend, Resource Friend, or Family Coach.
Ready to Become a Host?
This is a special event being offered to fast track the approval process by offering the training in person over 4 hours vs. online (usually a 2 week process). Follow the steps below and you will be well on your way!
- Register each person planning on attending the training.
- Fill out an application (http://safe-families.org/host-family-application-form/) prior to attending the training. Your region is Indianapolis.
- Sign up to be fingerprinted (http://www.identogo.com/) – Use the “On-line Fingerprint Scheduling” instructions on the back of this flyer. All individuals 18+ need to do this. There is a $38.45 charge.
Note to Active Host families
If you are an active host family and have a child living with you who is now 18 and has not been fingerprinted, you may register them and schedule them to be fingerprinted.
On-line Fingerprint Scheduling
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Go to www.L1enrollment.com or www.identogo.com
- Click on the State of Indiana and find your location of choice.
- Click on the Schedule Appointment.
- Select State Fingerprinting.
- Click Schedule New Appointment.
- Choose agency requiring fingerprinting (chose “all others”)
- Choose “NCPA Volunteer Background Check” as the correct Applicant Category, click “go”.
- Select “Safe Families” as the NCPA Agency and click “go.”
- To enter zip code and choose date and your location.
- Enter the complete demographic information.
- Finalize and confirm your appointment.
- Please choose payment method. *Choose check if paying by company or personal check or money order.
Bring one the following with you to your fingerprinting appointment: Valid Driver License, Valid State Issued Identification Card, Valid Passport, Student ID with Picture and DOB, Work ID with Picture and DOB, Valid Alien ID card with Picture and DOB. If you do not have the above identification, you will need both a valid Birth Certificate and a Social Security Card.