Safe Families Host Family Training Day
Saturday, February 17, 2018
9 AM – 2 PM
East 91st Street Christian Church
6049 E. 91st Street, Indianapolis, IN 46250
Lunch and child care will be provided.
For questions, email E91street@safefamilies.net
To register, click here.
Safe Families for Children is a national Kingdom movement of compassion that gives hope to families in crisis. Safe, loving homes are provided where parents may voluntarily have their children cared for while parents seek to restore stability in their lives. Our dedication to family support, stabilization and child abuse prevention is driven by a responsibility for the well-being of children in our communities.
Interested in Hosting?
If you have been praying about opening your home to children in need, this is a great opportunity for you! Come out and learn what it means to serve as a host family with Safe Families for Children from our dedicated volunteers and a panel of veteran hosts! Learn about other ways to become involved in Safe Families if you are still not sure about hosting a child (i.e. Family Friend, Resource Friend or Family Coach.)
Ready to Become a Host?
Follow the steps below and you will be well on your way!
- Register each person planning on attending the training by emailing E91street@safefamilies.net.
- Fill out an application (http://safe-families.org/host-family-application-form/) prior to attending the training. Your region is Indianapolis.
- Sign up to be fingerprinted (https://www.identogo.com/) – Use the Online Fingerprint Scheduling instructions below. All individuals 18+ need to do this. The approximate charge per adult is $36.
Note to Active Host Families
If you are an active host family and have a child living with you who is now 18 and has not been fingerprinted, you may register them and schedule them to be fingerprinted.
Online Fingerprint Scheduling
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Go to www.identogo.com.
- Click on Get Fingerprinted button in upper, right-hand corner.
- Select Indiana from drop-down then click on Go.
- Scroll down then click on Digital Fingerprinting.
- Click on Schedule a New Appointment.
- Select All Others as the Agency Name then click on Go.
- Select NCPA Volunteer Background Check as the Applicant Category then click on Go.
- Select Safe Families (INAP00764) as the NCPA Agency then click on Go.
- Enter the zip code where you would like to get fingerprints done then click on go.
- Click on Click to Schedule for the location and date, select time then click on go.
- Enter the complete demographic information.
- Finalize and confirm your appointment.
- Please choose payment method. *If paying by company or personal check or a money order, please select Check.
Bring one the following valid state or federal photo IDs with you to your fingerprinting appointment: Driver’s License, State Issued Identification Card, Passport, Green Card or Military Identification.